Quickest way to add schematics,diagramms and drawings to your MS-Word documents.
Getting familiar with LinuxCAD is a wise investment for every computer user.
created in 1995, enchanced and updated in 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2008.
LinuxCAD is today's leading computer aided design and
drafting program for The Linux Operating System.
LinuxCAD has grown in sales and functionality since its original introduction in 1998.
LinuxCAD now represents a complete computer aided design program for Linux ...
it is a complete replacement for AutoCAD. For any practical purpose, it
implements all major features of AutoCAD in such a way that experienced
AutoCAD users do not need additional training to start working with LinuxCAD.
Linux users who are new to CAD will find our Users Manual an easy
way to learn the CAD trade. There is so much similarity between LinuxCAD
and AutoCAD, that while learning LinuxCAD, you will
simultaneously learn AutoCAD.
With remarkable ease you will find yourself creating all kinds
of technical illustrations, diagrams, sketches and industrial
Suggested Uses: flowcharting,land surveying,mechanical drawing
, architectural drafting, residential and interior design work,entity relationship diagramming ,software engineering diagramming.
This is a professional quality graphics modelling package for Linux !!!
A must have for every Linux user !!!
Implements all core features of AutoCAD in a very compatible way !!!
No learning curve for AutoCAD users !!!
Here is a list of just a few distinguished features of the
LinuxCAD Computer Aided Design System:
All commonly used commands of Acad for 2D and 3D drafting, editing
and displaying are implemented in LinuxCAD exactly as they are in Acad ( including but not limited to: LINE, POLYLINE, CIRCLE, ARC,
RECTANGLE, SOLID, POINT, TRACE, DONUT, TEXT, ELLIPSE, TRIM, BREAK, EXTEND, OFFSET, COPY, MOVE,
ROTATE, SCALE, MIRROR, INSERT, CHANGE, CHPROP, ARRAY, BLOCK, ATTDEF, EXPLODE, WBLOCK,
PURGE, ZOOM, PAN, BREAK, CHAMFER, FILLET, HATCH, STRETCH, ... and many others) they are all there in LinuxCAD. And they work exactly
the same way; even the overwhelming majority of messages are the same or almost the same. You may keep using all of the Acad-skills you have.
There is no need to relearn !!!
- Extensive symbol libraries.
- LinuxCAD supports DXF, DWG(version 10 only),
DXS, SLD, SHX graphics format of Acad.
- sophisticated entity selection mechanism (Select objects: with all the standard modes of selection set
creation like: Add, Remove, Window, Crossing)
- object oriented entity and object attachment mechanism
( includes Nearest, Midpoint, Center, Intersection, Tangent, Perpendicular and others)
- support for fonts in SHX and True Typeformats, all text creation modes of Acad supported,
including true fit text creation mode
DVIEW command for 3D can change the location
of the camera and target in interactive mode. It works very simply: you select the objects and then
adjust the observer position. The 3D view in the current viewport will change accordingly.
- allows drawing with virtually any color as a combination of RGB values
- user programmable menus
- EXPORT OF THE DRAWINGS TO POSTSCRIPT either as Black and White or Color and the postscript
output can be easily customized using command dialogs and OS environment variables
- PRINTING OF THE DRAWINGS TO MS-Windows Printserver
- variety of drawing entities: lines, circles, traces, solids, arcs, ellipses and polylines
- easy to use GUI command line interface and command scripts
- Axis, Grid and Snap modes
- Ortho mode
- predefined and user programmable line types
- You can load Acad line types from acad.lin straight into LinuxCAD drawing
- LinuxCAD supports cut and paste of graphics CAD models through X-clipboard from one instance
of LinuxCAD to another
- allows adjustement of the drafting window size to make the most of your display
LinuxCAD can give you whatever big drawing area you want up, to maximum that
the X-Window provides in the specified graphics mode
- or you may work on light background instead of black
- you can export drawings you create in LinuxCAD to other CAD systems
- UCS or User Coordinate System implemented and works, just like in AutoCAD
- Blocks and attributes fully supported now
- Linear and circular polylines with line types
- Up to four viewports
to look at 3D model space; you can select different observer locations for every viewport
- Hidden Lines Removal on 3D objects
- LinuxCAD now supports Bezier Curves
and B-splines which allow for esthetic design of smooth nonrectangular shapes
user programmable toolbar-like menus and toolbars remember their
position on the screen and are extremely convenient when you
work with LinuxCAD
- the CAD package allows to work with vector CAD models and with raster
- print preview and autosave (saving of the drawing every minute or
other specified time interval)
- highly developed dimensioning subsystem, automatic creation of horizontal, vertical,
aligned linear dimensions, radii, diameters, angular dimensions. The LinuxCAD dimensioning subsystem can be
fully configured via Linux environment variables and can be easily customized to individual requirements
- integration with databases is possible by means of using Advance LinuxCAD
application Development system for C/C++. ADS included in base version !!!
- LinuxCAD is not just a product, it is a product line. Ask about mechanical libraries for
- Architectural Library for LinuxCAD now is available instantly,
see the order form product selection list for details
All of the above is included in the basic version.
includes: Its all there in new version; extensions are
A major advantage is the availability of the package for the industries most reliable and flexible operating systems,
LINUX and also most other Unix versions.
LinuxCAD will enable you to draw almost anything you can imagine. LinuxCAD presents numerous ways in
which users can accomplish similar tasks and provides many opportunities in which you can
customize and automate your drafting work. All these capabilities are even more enhanced in LinuCAD 3D
release 2.0. LinuxCAD is smoothly integrated in the Linux and X window environment. You will
be able edit the same file on multiple windows and even multiple displays, copy parts of the drawing
using X-clipboard between different instances of LinuxCAD, work on ten on more drawings simultaneously
on the same computer.
You may think of SoftwareForge Inc.,
LinuxCAD as about a product or as a technology. Our technology can be applied in consulting
services for accomplishing your product delivery objectives. Whatever your field is,
engineering , architecture , medical information technology , real time control systems or computer games development,
you may benefit from our advanced graphics modeling technology.
LinuxCAD is something every Linux user needs, not only drafters or engineers.
Software professionals can use LinuxCAD as an Entity Relationship, Flow Chart and Object Visual Modeling
The pricing on all our order forms includes the shipping to any location worldwide!
When purchasing LinuxCAD you get more for your money than any other program for use with Linux!
LinuxCAD is a nice addition to your Windows XP/Vista computer. LinuxCAD creates a new graphics presentation layer for the Linux system. Many of the software development and
system administration work you do now can be organized graphically.
LinuxCAD is something every computer user needs !!!
TEL: 913 732 7926
e-mail link to author.